QUICK, TASTY, HEALTHY SNACKS FOR JANUARY:
It’s January which means detox season! After a good couple of weeks indulging in some crazy food, many are looking for healthier options to kick start their year. Personally, I’m not a fan of “diets”. They are restricting and often don’t last very long. But being healthy does NOT need to be restrictive at all!
I’ve put together a list of my 4 favourite recipe videos so you can enjoy great tasting food without any guilt!
1. Avocado 2 ways:
One of the BEST fruits and definitely a kitchen staple for me. It is such a diverse ingredient in both savoury and sweet dishes.
Chocolate mousse ingredients:
– 1 avocado
– 1 ripe banana
– ½ cup cacao powder
– ¼ cup nut milk (or water)
– Nuts, seeds, raisins etc. for topping (get creative!)
– 1 avocado
– 1 onion
– 1 tomato
– Lemon or lime
– Salt and pepper (to taste)
Banana “nice” cream
- One-ingredient ice cream; the MOST guilt-free dessert ever
– frozen bananas
That’s it …
Raw brownie bites
- Everyone loves brownies! And because of the clean ingredients in these ones, they can be enjoyed as a breakfast, snack or dessert.
– 1 cup of medjool dates
– Coconut sugar
– Cacao powder
Winter detox salad
- I am not a salad girl at ALL but this is a recipe for a salad that actually tastes pretty amazing
– Balsamic vinegar
– Himalayan pink salt
– Sunflower seeds (optional)
Following a whole foods, plant-based diet is naturally more nutrient dense than other diets and has SO many benefits:
– Keeps you fuller for longer
– Naturally low in cholesterol
– Can prevent and reverse heart disease, diabetes and cancer
– Cures eczema, acne and other skin issues
And the list truly does go on. For more information, read “The China Study” by T. Colin Campbell
Wishing you all the health, wealth, love and happiness for 2017 and beyond!
Love Jez xo
Link to “Face Mapping” e-book for healthy skin from the inside out: www.HipsterVeggie.com/e-books
For more recipe ideas, hit up www.YouTube.com/HipsterVeggie